Do I need your permission to perform your songs? How do you get performance royalties?

Once the song is published and you have purchased it, you automatically have my permission to perform. I am always delighted to hear about performances, so please feel free to email me. I would also ask that if you are performing my music on a concert or series that either charges admission, or is on a music festival or part of a university series, that you either 1) kindly send a copy of the program to Broadcast Music, Inc (BMI), with my name circled, so that I may receive performance royalties or 2) Email me a PDF of the program. Venues often purchase a blanket license with BMI, so this should not cost you any money.

Here is the address: BMI, 7 World Trade Center, 250 Greenwich Street, New York, NY 10007-0030. Please write: “Attention: Classical Music” on the envelope.